Re: Error msgs when "sending" messages.

"Dano" <Dano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C5DE7CA6-7E2C-489C-8AEF-EBB83FEE4043@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lately, when I've beenn trying to send out messages, I get the following
messages. I've gotten similar errors while sending in the past as well. I can
receive messages fine. (I have contacted the ISP provider, as far as I knew,
the problem had been "fixed," until these came up.)

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server:
'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Your message
does not conform to RFC2822 standard', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

The host 'smtpauth.earthlink.net' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

The host 'smtp.earthlink.net' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Server: 'smtp.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

(As far as that last suggestion, the only option available Is to come to
this community chat!)

The complete EarthLink settings for Windows Mail are here:
http://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/windows-vista-how-to-modify-earthlink-email-account-settings-in-windows-mail.php
Ensure that you have "My server requires authentication" enabled.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Also Cannot Send
    ... problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the ... "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Also Cannot Send
    ... problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the ... "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Winows Mail Stop sending Messages.
    ... problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... Protocol: SMTP, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send emails
    ... problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the ... "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send email
    ... If the problem happens with many or all recipients, ... problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)