Re: can not send emails I have tried what it is recommended by thi

Hi Gary, i did not do any additional and currently my outgoing email service
is working correclty. Therefore, you were right. The problem apparently was
focused on my ISP, I will ask them what was the issue and I will share with
the forum the answer I got.

Thanks for your time & support.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

That's not correct. There is no server named smtp.movistar.net.ve.

@Abraham:
I understand you were connected to your ISP (movistar.net.ve) at
the time you received that error message, so it would not be a port 25
block issue.

I tested the server ssmtp.movistar.net.ve but it would not
respond on port 25.

This appears to be an ISP problem because the DNS servers for
that ISP domain are also not responding. Contact the Internet Service
Provider for help with this.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

" mac" <macknever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3F6C3FD4-5783-4C33-8B2D-B42A5EB0B1F1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Abraham" <Abraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The message that I received is the following:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'conexion de movistar
probando', Account: 'Correo Abraham', Server: 'ssmtp.movistar.net.ve',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number:
0x800CCC0E

Go to tools>accounts>select your account>Properties>server tab and rename
the outgoing SMTP server, you entered SSMTP,

'ssmtp.movistar.net.ve' Should be 'smtp.movistar.net.ve'.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.