Re: can not send emails I have tried what it is recommended by thi

Hi Gary, i did not do any additional and currently my outgoing email service
is working correclty. Therefore, you were right. The problem apparently was
focused on my ISP, I will ask them what was the issue and I will share with
the forum the answer I got.

Thanks for your time & support.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

That's not correct. There is no server named smtp.movistar.net.ve.

@Abraham:
I understand you were connected to your ISP (movistar.net.ve) at
the time you received that error message, so it would not be a port 25
block issue.

I tested the server ssmtp.movistar.net.ve but it would not
respond on port 25.

This appears to be an ISP problem because the DNS servers for
that ISP domain are also not responding. Contact the Internet Service
Provider for help with this.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

" mac" <macknever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3F6C3FD4-5783-4C33-8B2D-B42A5EB0B1F1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Abraham" <Abraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The message that I received is the following:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'conexion de movistar
probando', Account: 'Correo Abraham', Server: 'ssmtp.movistar.net.ve',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number:
0x800CCC0E

Go to tools>accounts>select your account>Properties>server tab and rename
the outgoing SMTP server, you entered SSMTP,

'ssmtp.movistar.net.ve' Should be 'smtp.movistar.net.ve'.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Cam Setup
    ... I have to enable uPnP in my router and use a web server provided by Panasonic to provide a fixed IP address so I can access the cam from anywhere. ... Your ISP has a Terms of Service. ... Operating a "server" on your home LAN, port forwarding ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: SMTP Server for outgoing only behind a home router
    ... They cliam to ONLY block port 80 to keep me from ... you will get a 220 greeting line from the remote SMTP server: ... So AOL.COM methods stops legitimate roaming users from using ESMTP AUTH to ... So look to see of your ISP supports ESMTP AUTH for dynamic IP users and/or ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: Exchange incoming email issue
    ... I have had the 'port blocking' ... couple in the NS area abou the fact that the hosts server will do DNS ... One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than ... and contacted the ISP that hosts their DNS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2008 migration from SBS 2003 - exchange email issues
    ... Ok, that seems right, that the 64 ip is the isp. ... and you would have to set the router to forward the new port to the ip of your SBS as well as or instead of 25. ... my server, so it has a minimal response on port 25 ... >>> at dyndns that points remote.domainname.com to your IP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... Enable your Gmail account for POP: ... Do not change the incoming server. ... Should O ask my ISP? ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)