Re: sending and receiving email

Hi Gary, i am receiving the same message when I tried to send a message:

The rejected e-mail address was 'abrahamc@xxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'probando mi
correo', Account: 'pop.cantv.net', Server: 'mail.cantv.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <abrahamc@xxxxxxxxx>... Relaying denied', Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

AFTER THAT I DO THE FOLLOWING BUT I DOES NOT WORK:

1.-Tools -->Account--->Email Account-->Properties-->Servers-->Outgoing Mail
Server-->My server requires authentication ACTIVATED = IT DOES NOT WORK

2.-Tools -->Account--->Email Account-->Properties-->Servers-->Log on using
Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled = IT DOES NOT WORK

3.-I AM USING IN MY PC MCAFEE SECURITY CENTER

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"dmf529" wrote in message news:17565E6E-E678-40DD-AA25-380711BBDEA3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OMG! That worked! Thank you very much! I don't too much about my antivirus
program.
--
dmf

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that does not resolve the problem, make sure that email scanning in your
antivirus is turned off.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"dmf529" wrote in message news:38EC5B59-9C81-49D4-9075-A210B4793A78@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I changed my incoming server name from pop.nycap.rr.com to
pop-server.nycap.rr.com as you suggested but it did not fix the problem. I
am running CA Security Suite as my anyti-virus program
--
dmf

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

According to your provider, the incoming server name should be
pop-server.nycap.rr.com.
If after making that correction the problem continues, which antivirus are
you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"dmf529" wrote in message news:AD017F7D-AEF3-46F3-87F7-816728BA7B0D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't send or receive email and am getting this message even though I don't
have an issues connecting to the internet. Any suggestions?

inactivity. Account: 'pop.nycap.rr.com', Server: 'pop.nycap.rr.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 23417 octets', Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

--
dmf

  • Re: Unable to send message from outbox
    ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... The authentication setting might not be ... "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unable to send message from outbox
    ... The authentication setting might not be ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sending email all of a sudden stopped yesterday
    ... So did you try the suggested fix of mine you quoted below? ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server ... Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send email messages from Window Mail
    ... The authentication setting might not be ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant receive mail
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Secure: No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)