Re: Sending Mail

Hi Gary, i tried what you indicated but it does not work.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Unfortunately, the caliber of tech support at the ISPs is very low.

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"dan55" wrote in message news:C19A3BBE-7820-4420-8B2C-A4F2464368CA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.hughes.net',
Server: 'SMTP.hughes.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1
<END-OF-MESSAGE>: End-of-data rejected: user not permitted to relay', Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

This pops up each time I try to send email. I have talked to Hughes.net and
they say all settings are right. What do I do? I can still recive email only
prob;em is with sending.

  • Re: ExMerge export failing in SBS2003
    ... Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] wrote: ... Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed ... I'm trying to do this from the Administrator account, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: demote the server
    ... It's a standalone server now. ... George Hester ... "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" ... Not relevant to the user account really. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: cant send email
    ... troubleshooting so much easier. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: like everyone else here....can receive but not send SUDDENLY
    ... The likelihood of them supporting an SMTP port other than 25 is pretty slim. ... I'm going to assume their SMTP server is named mail.dot11net.com ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... This is NOT a new account or any changes made. ...