Re: Sending Mail

Hi Gary, i tried what you indicated but it does not work.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Unfortunately, the caliber of tech support at the ISPs is very low.

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"dan55" wrote in message news:C19A3BBE-7820-4420-8B2C-A4F2464368CA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.hughes.net',
Server: 'SMTP.hughes.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1
<END-OF-MESSAGE>: End-of-data rejected: user not permitted to relay', Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

This pops up each time I try to send email. I have talked to Hughes.net and
they say all settings are right. What do I do? I can still recive email only
prob;em is with sending.