Re: Can receive emails but not send them

Your error message doesn't reflect a typical port 25 block, but we
should treat for it anyway.
As a general rule, the owner of the SMTP server you are using must be the
same as the entity providing your Internet connection at that moment.
For more on this anti-spamming issue see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

The best workaround for your situation is to substitute the SMTP server
belonging to your connection provider, Sky. This is a bit tricky, but if
you want to go that route, I can provide more details.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Sally-May" wrote in message news:79FD28DC-997E-4A36-8868-7370137E29CC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have recently changed broadband from tiscali to sky, we have a tiscali
email address. I can receive emails but when I try and send an email I get
the following error message:

inactivity. Subject 'Re: Under Water Photo Shoot', Account:
'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have read some of the other comments posted but haven't been able to
resolve the problem so far.

Please can anyone help??

  • Re: Windows email sending problem
    ... Please post the error message pertaining to sending. ... if your Internet connection is being provided by ... the SMTP server belonging to the connection provider. ... We have windows vista home premium. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send e-mails
    ... You are posting from a Verizon FIOS connection in Pennsylvania. ... Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. ... substitute the SMTP server belonging to that connection. ... Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can receive but not send emails
    ... the owner of the SMTP server must be the same as ... Should I try to uninstall the McAfee to try? ... Do you get a similar error message when attempting to send via mail.auleetech.com? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error message
    ... error message. ... you may be running into a port 25 block. ... Substitute the SMTP server belonging to your ISP connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send email
    ... The error message indicates a port 25 block. ... will block any attempts to use a non-owned SMTP server on port 25. ... Uninstalled Norton as suggested. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)