Re: can receive but can't send in windows mail

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus
should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all
bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be
uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced with a more compatible one.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"roseivana" wrote in message news:D36AA978-AF1D-4203-A7C2-558D829E0CA4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi hope someone can help with this.

I'm using windows mail in windows vista home basic. Since yesterday, I can
receive emails as normal but I haven't been able to send. When I click Send
the message goes to the Outbox and stays there. If I double-click the message
in Outbox, it opens in a new window, when I click Send again it remains
unsent and the message "Message could not be displayed
Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again".
As far as I can tell I'm not short of memory or disk space.
I've looked in Tools and the Outgoing server authentication box is checked.

Any solutions please?

  • Re: Outlook Express
    ... Also, since Norton corrupted that account, there may be no improvement ... until you delete the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Disabling the Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... If that cured the problem, try reinstalling Norton Antivirus, but use 'custom' ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot receive or send Windows Mail
    ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... I set Windows Mail as my default and entered the POP3 and SMTP ... Antivirus, restarted my computer. ... email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Corrupted Windows Mail
    ... I had McAfee on my computer but have ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... First of all, turn off email scanning in McAfee, although that is seldom sufficient. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
    ... Did you try Windows Mail while no antivirus was installed? ... Even disabling its email scanning is often not sufficient. ... Subject 'Fw: Anan Photos Etc', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Corrupted Windows Mail
    ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... First of all, turn off email scanning in McAfee, although that is seldom sufficient. ... do a trial uninstall of the antivirus. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)