Re: can receive but can't send in windows mail

Make sure there is no message stuck in the Outbox. (Sometimes you cannot actually see them).

How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html

WMUtil
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"roseivana" <roseivana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D36AA978-AF1D-4203-A7C2-558D829E0CA4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi hope someone can help with this.

I'm using windows mail in windows vista home basic. Since yesterday, I can
receive emails as normal but I haven't been able to send. When I click Send
the message goes to the Outbox and stays there. If I double-click the message
in Outbox, it opens in a new window, when I click Send again it remains
unsent and the message "Message could not be displayed
Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again".
As far as I can tell I'm not short of memory or disk space.
I've looked in Tools and the Outgoing server authentication box is checked.

Any solutions please?

  • Re: Send/Receive Commands stop working
    ... This sentence doesn't make sense to me: "after I send a reply on to the Outbox, ... I may save the original message from the Inbox into a subject folder." ... Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unsent messages in outbox
    ... mail in outbox would I like to send it I select yes and it goes. ... When you start to download the wmutil.zip file, ... Windows Mail is not running. ... install another email program like Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... Stuck in Outbox, said one or more messages in your otbox do not have a valid ... emails thinking that it wouldn't receive emails for my main E address. ... "Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... Do you mean that Yahoo emails ... If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: ... Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced, ... Stuck in Outbox, said one or more messages in your otbox do not have a valid ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... If there is an accumulation of messages in the Outbox folder, ... Do you mean that Yahoo emails ... If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)