Re: emails

Go to the Optonline Webmail site and see if the same username and password lets you view your messages there to verify they are correct.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"pkx3" <pkx3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:EEDA089B-B3FA-431A-A8A4-61C9C6130B30@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can't receive or send e:mail, although can connect to the internet. When I
open Windows mail, I'm asked for a user name and password which has never
been requested before. When I enter the info, I'm getting the message:
"server:mail-optonline.net POP3 server response ERR invalid command Port 110
secure (SSL) no server error 0x800CC90 error number 0x800CCC91"

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

The only problem you have that is like 'everyone else' is not saying what
the problem is. Look through the posts. Is every one the same issue?

Good Newsgroup Posts:
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm

How to ask a newsgroup question:

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

> Okay, I have the same problem as everyone else. This seems to be > pretty
> pandemic. Does Microsoft have any answers.

  • Re: Vanity Googling for fun
    ... Law suits about newsgroup copyright abuse don't win. ... That is *why* the legal system isn't responding to attempts to protect copyright in newsgroup posts. ... I said in my earlier post that the advice I have is that it is technically a breach of copyright, as is recording television shows, but like recording television shows, although not legal, it has become common practice. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • RE: Server Error in /Remote Application
    ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the ... you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. ... Server Error in '/Remote' Application ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Shutdown while copying files
    ... Netiquette frowns on email responses to newsgroup posts unless ... Here, we never know who is "reading over our shoulders", but we can be sure ... I'm not offended by email responses to newsgroup posts, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Re:: cant send to bellsouth newsgroup via vista 64 bit OS
    ... I can reply to this newsgroup. ... Windows Mail could not post your message. ... Failed ', Port: 119, Secure: No, Server Error: ... I get an error message instead. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Posting Problem
    ... The modem indicator lights up for a long ... > Microsoft newsgroup - all of them short text messages - has caused OE ... > Outlook Express could not post your message. ... > Server Error: 437, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 ...