Re: emails

I can't receive or send e:mail, although can connect to the internet. When I
open Windows mail, I'm asked for a user name and password which has never
been requested before. When I enter the info, I'm getting the message:
"server:mail-optonline.net POP3 server response ERR invalid command Port 110
secure (SSL) no server error 0x800CC90 error number 0x800CCC91"

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

The only problem you have that is like 'everyone else' is not saying what
the problem is. Look through the posts. Is every one the same issue?

Good Newsgroup Posts:
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm

How to ask a newsgroup question:

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

"pkx3" <pkx3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Okay, I have the same problem as everyone else. This seems to be pretty
pandemic. Does Microsoft have any answers.

  • Re: Vanity Googling for fun
    ... Law suits about newsgroup copyright abuse don't win. ... That is *why* the legal system isn't responding to attempts to protect copyright in newsgroup posts. ... I said in my earlier post that the advice I have is that it is technically a breach of copyright, as is recording television shows, but like recording television shows, although not legal, it has become common practice. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Shutdown while copying files
    ... Netiquette frowns on email responses to newsgroup posts unless ... Here, we never know who is "reading over our shoulders", but we can be sure ... I'm not offended by email responses to newsgroup posts, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: To Barry
    ... However, if you don't want replies to newsgroup posts, insert a dummy ... E-Mail address into your newsgroup reader. ... I agree a dummy email address is good tho I disagree what ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: password required
    ... Now Mr. Lederle is copying my reply to another post and pasting it in here instead of answering the questions that were asked. ... Good Newsgroup Posts: ... password valadition. ...
  • Re: Search function returns NO RESULTS
    ... This is a public newsgroup hosted on MS servers. ... newsgroup posts anyway) and that you set up a real newsreader. ... Using Outlook Express as Newsreader: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)