Re: Trouble sending email-while traveling

Strictly speaking, your issue is not a port 25 block, but the fact that
the server smtp.vianet.ca is not accepting SMTP commands from a
connection outside of the vianet.ca network. Try this:

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"BernieJ" wrote in message news:CBEE2E0D-F0E8-4AC3-917A-96943C346D11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have windows Vista and use windows mail. I now travel for business, here is
my problem. I live in Canada temporarly and still use my US internet/email
provider to receive my emails, although I use my Canadian email provider to
send my email from Canada. While in Canada this works great. I am now in New
York and have to send a email to a client from a Motel. I receive my emails
fine but CANNOT send any.

I receive the following Error Message:

the message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
correct for your outgoing emailSMTP server For help go to help
search...........

The rejected email address (XXXXXXXXX) Account ncweb.com (my US provider)
server 'smtp.vianet.ca (Canadian provider) Protocol: SMTP, server Response
554 5.7.1 (XXXXXXXX email address again) Relay access denied, Port 25 Secure
(SSL) NO, Server Error 554, Error Number 0x800CCC79

I hope I have provided the required data to assist me in resolving my
proble, thanking all in advance. I need to get a serious proposal sent to
customer.
--
Bernie

  • Re: Perflib errors in event logs after SP2 installation
    ... the server does seem to be working fine. ... System account is a potential security risk. ... Policy provider runs under the Local System account, ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Random Network Disconnects
    ... network and the only way I can seem to get it back up is to restart the box. ... Testing IpConfig - pinging the Secondary WINS server... ... DNS Host Name: itdspstest01.itd.edited.edited ... Provider Version:2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: No inbound emails from outside domain
    ... IntelPRO/1000 MT Server Adapter - Packet Scheduler ... Provider Version:2 ... Description: MSAFD NetBIOS ... I don't think reinstalling Exchange will help. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MIDAS/Datasnap Alternative
    ... DDCAppservice is an I/O Completion Ports ... efficient way of developing server applications. ... Increasing the client base does not typically require ... component for each logical data provider. ...
  • Trouble sending email-while traveling
    ... I have windows Vista and use windows mail. ... I live in Canada temporarly and still use my US internet/email ... provider to receive my emails, although I use my Canadian email provider to ... server 'smtp.vianet.ca Protocol: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)