Re: Windows mail problem

Hi -
This is the error message I've been getting. I have tried your other
suggestions. Secure log in is not checked. The only thing I can think of is
that there has been a windows update.
Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [July 2010] (KB905866)

Installation date: ‎7/‎14/‎2010 8:16 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

Install this update for Windows Mail to revise the definition files that are
used to detect e-mail messages that should be considered junk e-mail or that
may contain phishing content. After you install this item, you may have to
restart your computer.

Security Update for Microsoft Outlook 2002 (KB980371)

Installation date: ‎7/‎14/‎2010 8:14 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Outlook 2002 that could allow
arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update
resolves that vulnerability.

could these be the problem?

Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

When it keeps prompting you for username and password, click Cancel.
That should produce an error message. Right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting
without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"amyholt1" wrote in message news:4805D7E5-0DFC-4203-A977-CF95A4A47966@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am also having the same problem. Not matter how many times I put in my
correct user name and password it doesn't work. Please help!

"sharon" wrote:

seems we're all having the same problem. keeps asking me to sign in (never
did before) and then I get the same error message. HELP!!