Re: Windows mail problem

On Dell Inspiron 1501, using Windows Mail with earthlink: Can receive but not
send email like all these others. Here is error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test Fri', Account:
'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Have disconnected/connected. Went back to Default port 25. Nothing works.

Help!

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"marcie" wrote in message news:utJMoTKJLHA.4320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rec'd the following msg when I tried to log into my acct

Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Any suggestions?