Re: Windows mail problem

On Dell Inspiron 1501, using Windows Mail with earthlink: Can receive but not
send email like all these others. Here is error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test Fri', Account:
'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Have disconnected/connected. Went back to Default port 25. Nothing works.

Help!

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"marcie" wrote in message news:utJMoTKJLHA.4320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rec'd the following msg when I tried to log into my acct

Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Any suggestions?

  • Re: Cannot receive or send Windows Mail
    ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... I set Windows Mail as my default and entered the POP3 and SMTP ... Antivirus, restarted my computer. ... email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot send email but can receive.
    ... Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for ... Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... problems with Windows Mail over time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant open email
    ... only thing that needed to be changed/updated was the "Server Port ... > username and password to try to get into my Outlook Express email. ... >> mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account. ... >> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
    ... program which is more compatible with Windows Mail: ... Instead of switching to a different antivirus, ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... Subject 'Fw: Anan Photos Etc', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: ...