Re: Windows mail problem

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"marcie" wrote in message news:utJMoTKJLHA.4320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rec'd the following msg when I tried to log into my acct

Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Any suggestions?

.