Re: Windows mail problem

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"marcie" wrote in message news:utJMoTKJLHA.4320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rec'd the following msg when I tried to log into my acct

Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Any suggestions?

  • Re: Email error messages. New comp pleaseee helppp
    ... It should be port 587 instead of 998. ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Setting up Windows Mail on Vista
    ... I changed the settings as per your instructions ... 995, Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... The send error looks like interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Not receiving all emails
    ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ... 110, Secure: No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot receive email
    ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... Secure: No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: can not access email account please help
    ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... I have made sure the box is unticked for server requiring ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)