Re: Windows mail help

the settings were NOT checked. I'm using Trend Micro Antivirus. It never
asked me for a sign in & password before.....why now? How do I get in?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"marcie" wrote in message news:eWSuX6JJLHA.680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Receive the following message when trying to log into email acct.

Any suggestions?

Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91