Re: Windows mail help

the settings were NOT checked. I'm using Trend Micro Antivirus. It never
asked me for a sign in & password before.....why now? How do I get in?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"marcie" wrote in message news:eWSuX6JJLHA.680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Receive the following message when trying to log into email acct.

Any suggestions?

Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

  • Re: New emails dissappearing as they get in
    ... The settings for every folder is "Show All Messages". ... Which antivirus are you running? ... Windows Mail over time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send emails
    ... The 0x800CCC19 error means there was a time-out. ... Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... First, go into its settings and disable any interaction with email, then try ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: problem sending email
    ... Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... First, go into its settings and disable any interaction with email, then try ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: unable to forward .wav file
    ... Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... First, go into its settings and disable any interaction with email, then try ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: please verify username and password are correct...