Re: Ping Steve Cochran about converting from wlm to windows mail

<VBG> Too bad you don't have scripting enabled. I used to post some fun stuff.

steve

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%2310wZ6JJLHA.680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh my god, I hope nobody ever sends me an email with a moving GIF.
I might strangle them!

Gary VanderMolen

"Puter Tutor" <putertutor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e5Dm4lHJLHA.2276@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh I so hope you are right! That would be just wonderful!!!!!!!

There are many out there who will be elated to hear that!

Puter Tutor's Website

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C28AA74E-B440-4762-A33E-29898AD52F13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As far as I have heard, the private stationery NG is not going away.

steve

"Puter Tutor" <putertutor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uwRioqsILHA.5668@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks so very much Steve. We will look into this. We both still enjoy making the stats. And I do mean it. You are missed in the NG's. But soon I guess there won't be newsgroups either, MS said they would no longer support them.

As you say, we did have a decade of enjoyment. But having no groups will leave a giant hole in many hearts.

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B385D0DA-8B50-4890-8FAB-2A43D294187D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Teresa,

WLM removed the capability to script in email and the ability to code your own HTML in a message. You can't fix that.

You can use XPMode in Windows 7 or you can hack the version of Windows Mail that is installed with Windows 7 to fix its issues. See www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx for details. It seems complicated, but its actually very simple.

See if that helps.

cheers,

steve

"Puter Tutor" <putertutor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:u%23WI9LjILHA.2276@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Steve, this is a blast from your past. I am PCC from the old OE newsgroups, we sure have missed you over the years! We have talked some in the past. Anyway...

I am hoping you can help us

My Dad got windows 7 and doesn't like the new window live mail cause no signatures, no access to source code, he can't figure out how to embed gifs, etc.

Do you know can he:

1 run both windows live mail and windows mail on the same computer?

2. Can he import from the live mail into windows mail the address book and messages?

3. Does windows mail have the signatures feature?

4. Will windows mail embed moving gifs?

I can find info out there on how to import address book and messages from OE to windows mail and to windows live mail. But he doesn't have oe6 anymore, he has windows live mail. He wants to go to windows mail so he can have the source code again.

I do hate to impose on you like this, but I am doing all kinds of searches and can't find the answers. I am hoping you can help me.

PCC aka puter tutor Teresa

PNG image

GIF image

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Live Mail missing key components
    ... Ctrl+F3 to see the full source code of a message. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I shall probably go back to Windows Mail after all. ... If you are disappointed with Windows Live Mail, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant compact messages
    ... "Steve Cochran" wrote: ... can compact okay then. ... my problem is every time i get out of windows mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: no mail in windows mail
    ... Many thanks to Steve and Gary, it seemed to be an interconnect problem in my home network, some hours further and with a little help from this forum and a tool from my new provider everything is ok right now. ... Try removing the mail account, closing and reopening Winmail and then add the account back again. ... On my old laptop and the same account options with XP-pro there is no problem with receiving emails, so it has to be something gone wrong on my new pc with Vista Home Premium with SP-2 and Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unknown Error occured
    ... The two links to download, the first one sugegsted elsewhere said it does ... > still in the windows mail screen yet can not be opened. ... >> Although only 'Outbox' is mentioned, it will enable removal of stuck ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant ppen newsgroup messages
    ... Steve Cochran;1139846 Wrote: ... Mail in Vista due to antivirus software. ... it is sufficient to turn off email scanning (incoming ... compatible with Windows Mail (Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro for instance ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)