Re: ERROR message SERVER FAILED

"yahoo.com" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail
server names from your mail provider. If that is Yahoo, read on:
:
US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP
access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.
Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service, see:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview/
and use the special settings for that service:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

If you are OK with using a non-Yahoo email address, you have these other
solutions that will work with Windows Mail:
* Use the email address assigned to you by your ISP.
* Use a free Gmail, AOL, or Hotmail/Live account.

You can also continue to use Yahoo's webmail: <a href="http://mail.yahoo.com";>http://mail.yahoo.com</a>
If you need more help with any of these solutions, just ask.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"drollison" wrote in message news:143228E0-92A2-4AE3-AC07-4ED272B210E8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Original Oil Fruit Picture
- $475 (NW Oklahoma City)', Account: 'DRollison', Server: 'yahoo.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: 0s800CCC0D
    ... i have the same problem with my Mobile Mail Box.I have two Mail boxes one ... Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. ... only webmail access. ... How did you access Yahoo mail before? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: ERRORS
    ... you get the correct server names from your mail provider. ... I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. ... US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send / recd e-mail.
    ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. ... Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • WEBMAIL ACCOUNTS
    ... In Multiple Accounts Place Webmail One ... No 1.3.2 Accounts Found Yahoo Webmail ... Webmail Free Secure Best Encrypted Accounts ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Cant send/receive!!
    ... The connection to the server has failed. ... Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: ... Please let me know if the Yahoo pay plan is easier to install and I'll just ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)