Re: Can't send e-mails

Windows Mail can only access Live email accounts using POP3...
did you set the account up correctly?
See
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

Use port 587 for SMTP (outgoing)

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Cid" wrote in message news:A9717C62-5D96-40A2-88B7-365A0099B986@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just set up a new windows live account and still can't send e-mails. Do I
have to log off or restart or shutdown computer first?

  • Re: error 0x8004005 cant receive or send
    ... I used the Norton uninstall. ... I have disabled Windows ... I removed my account from windows mail and then redid it and hmmm I think ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Restoring E-Mails
    ... It isn't clear what you mean by "windows live" since that is the group name ... POP email clients like Windows Mail will remove messages ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can someone help ME?
    ... Windows Mail cannot access any webmail account, like most Yahoo and Hotmail ... The newer Windows Live Mail can also access your free Hotmail/Live email account, so I'd recommend using that instead of Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail
    ... You can add multiple accounts, via Tools - Accounts - Add, but Windows Mail ... doesn't have identities or a password option.... ... Create folders for each email account and create message rules to move ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error 0x8004005 cant receive or send
    ... I have disabled Windows ... I removed my account from windows mail and then redid it and hmmm I think ... defender is on and the Windows firewall is on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)