Re: 2 PCs - 1 on Vista and 1 on Windows 7

When you retrieve the messages from Hotmail on the Win7 machine, you need to leave a copy of the messages on the server. Its not clear what email client you are using in Win7, but in WinMail you can do that via Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced.

steve

"Whitwams" <Whitwams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:558D9165-2C12-4ACE-A4D5-CD69856AC90B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Vista has Windows Mail and the Windows 7 has Hotmail. By linking one to
the other, I`ve lost the incoming messages to Windows Mail as they all go to
Hotmail PC. How can I get it back? Roger W.

  • 2 PCs - 1 on Vista and 1 on Windows 7
    ... The Vista has Windows Mail and the Windows 7 has Hotmail. ... I`ve lost the incoming messages to Windows Mail as they all go to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: WinMail Contacts lists dont match
    ... That there are names on the To list that I have never sent emails to from WinMail but have from hotmail led me in that direction of thought. ... I also put the names from this updated backup list in the user Contacts folder when I do a new install. ... likely you will use the Windows search program. ... right now all I have is the Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Importing Hotmail Possible at all?
    ... Hotmail accounts in Windows Mail must be set up manually. ... Windows Mail will only handle Hotmail via the POP protocol, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Vista Mail & HTTP
    ... WLM has a non-beta version. ... Windows Mail won't do WebDAV. ... Hotmail account has POP access, you should be able to set that up ... OE won't run in Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Not Receiving emails in approx 1 week
    ... Hotmail is blocking some of your incoming messages under the ... I use windows mail to send emails from my wanadoo account, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)