Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

yw,

Yes I understand.

It was quick and easy to find your OP though I just used
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=Steve+Cochran+How+to+use+Outlook+Express+in+Windows+7&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=Steve+Cochran+How+to+use+Outlook+Express+in+Windows+7&gs_rfai=&fp=4b53d993194b88d

...and came up with

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail&tid=b393f158-9305-4cda-b04c-f195f784a27d&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

...and seems like 100 other ones there too.

For years I've just used all the groups I had loaded in my newsreader from
MS, and GRC, and my other favorites, but when MS deleted so many of them a
few weeks ago about 6 of them disappeared from my reader as I opened them
that day. I know all the links for the new forums webbased and otherwise
though, I've just always like the style of the ones we've used here. No
problem though, I'm not too old to adapt <smile>

take care

Rick

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Rick,

Rest assured that there are several usenet mirrors of this newsgroup that
perpetuate longer than does MS's. There are a number of other
references to that page being peppered around as well, so its references
will persist. The original message was posted on the msnews servers and
included two now defunct OE NGs as it was cross-posted, which is why
perhaps it was removed. Google also maintains the newsgroup posts if one
searches Google groups.
I was just trying to provide an alternative to those who wished for one.

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm still kicking here. <G>

cheers,

steve

"Rick Chauvin" <nospamz.com@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
An interesting tidbit (that's not really important since this ms access
server I'm using microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail is soon to be
turned off) ...but fwiw, the tidbit is that within WXP using OE if you
were to right click on this forum> Properties> Local File> click the
Delete button (to delete all headers and message bodies)
...then Unsubscribe, then compact all folders to remove its dbx
file too, then ReSubscribe and download all the available messages
currently there on the server at microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -
which at this point goes only back to April 14th, but the interesting
tidbit Steve is that your original post starting this thread on
6/30/2010 is Not on the server anymore, neither is the first 4 or 5
replies, and this thread now shows up as.
Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7/3/2010
..even though the servers store goes back to 4/14/2010
Whatever the reason is short lived anyway when they delete it for good.

The point is not all people can see your OP nor what you said in it, and
so never see your homepage link of http://www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx if
they recently subscribed to this particular forum using
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

I knew you and your website from the early days via
microsoft.public.windows98 where you were helping way back then, iow,
you've been around many years too.

Rick

  • Re: Grouping objects
    ... Server Farm containing a terrabyte or so of "text". ... NNTP machines. ... Sitting as satellites around the outside of this are at least five "Forum ... MSDN, TechNet, Social PC, Connect, and Mactopia. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Farewell?????
    ... Currently Microsoft links its NNTP server msnews.microsoft.com to the ... its NNTP server and direct its users to the Answers forum for help. ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • =?utf-8?Q?Re:_VPN-Verbindung_nicht_m=C3=B6glich?= =?utf-8?Q?=2C_Routing_und_RAS_konfigur
    ... Wird dieses Forum eingestellt, gibt es dann eine brauchbare Alternative? ... Windows Small Business Server Forum ... RemoteAccess-fehler 20050, beim Starten von RAS den Fehler 20013. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Cant get RADIUS authentication working
    ... This will provide access to others who read the public forum ... the SBS server client for the analyzing. ... Please download MPS Reporting Tool from the following ... When the tool is done you will see an Explorer Window opening up the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Recommended Windows Hosts
    ... | The $25.00 per month charge is very steep unless the host is custom building ... | the forum himself. ... | I didn't really want to mix the two...I was just wondering if php could run ... | on windows server. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)