Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

Hi Rick,

Rest assured that there are several usenet mirrors of this newsgroup that
perpetuate longer than does MS's. There are a number of other references to
that page being peppered around as well, so its references will persist.
The original message was posted on the msnews servers and included two now
defunct OE NGs as it was cross-posted, which is why perhaps it was removed.
Google also maintains the newsgroup posts if one searches Google groups.

I was just trying to provide an alternative to those who wished for one.

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm still kicking here. <G>

cheers,

steve

"Rick Chauvin" <nospamz.com@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
An interesting tidbit (that's not really important since this ms access
server I'm using microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail is soon to be turned
off) ...but fwiw, the tidbit is that within WXP using OE if you were to
right click on this forum> Properties> Local File> click the Delete button
(to delete all headers and message bodies)
...then Unsubscribe, then compact all folders to remove its dbx
file too, then ReSubscribe and download all the available messages
currently there on the server at microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -
which at this point goes only back to April 14th, but the interesting
tidbit Steve is that your original post starting this thread on
6/30/2010 is Not on the server anymore, neither is the first 4 or 5
replies, and this thread now shows up as.
Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7/3/2010
..even though the servers store goes back to 4/14/2010
Whatever the reason is short lived anyway when they delete it for good.

The point is not all people can see your OP nor what you said in it, and
so never see your homepage link of http://www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx if
they recently subscribed to this particular forum using
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

I knew you and your website from the early days via
microsoft.public.windows98 where you were helping way back then, iow,
you've been around many years too.

Rick

  • Re: News posts not appearing
    ... >> Two posts of mine to a newsgroup did not appear in the updates ... >> from my ISP's news server, ... >> could see my posts, and suggested that I reset the local file. ...
  • Re: Registry - find and replace?
    ... was partly due to help I received in this newsgroup. ... When the server was installed it was given a ... Unfortunately the registry is full of references to the old name, ...
  • Re: Where are the good newsgroup?
    ... Thanks for all the good references, ... > I believe the server for these newsgroups is msnews.microsoft.com. ... > This message is posted to a newsgroup. ... >> I do according to your wise view? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Email enable doc lib
    ... server to test the issue. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... Please try to logon Public folder list using URL: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: R2 w/ISA User type account cannot use my companys internal website
    ... can refer to the steps below to reinstall the SBS Monitoring component. ... Select Windows Small Business Server 2003 and then click Change/Remove. ... select Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)