Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

An interesting tidbit (that's not really important since this ms access
server I'm using microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail is soon to be turned
off) ...but fwiw, the tidbit is that within WXP using OE if you were to
right click on this forum> Properties> Local File> click the Delete button
(to delete all headers and message bodies)
....then Unsubscribe, then compact all folders to remove its dbx
file too, then ReSubscribe and download all the available messages
currently there on the server at microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -
which at this point goes only back to April 14th, but the interesting
tidbit Steve is that your original post starting this thread on
6/30/2010 is Not on the server anymore, neither is the first 4 or 5
replies, and this thread now shows up as.
Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7/3/2010
...even though the servers store goes back to 4/14/2010
Whatever the reason is short lived anyway when they delete it for good.

The point is not all people can see your OP nor what you said in it, and so
never see your homepage link of http://www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx if they
recently subscribed to this particular forum using
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

I knew you and your website from the early days via
microsoft.public.windows98 where you were helping way back then, iow,
you've been around many years too.

Rick

  • Re: using a general browser as a form-based capture method
    ... You are saying we find a simple web server which gets messages ... permissions ... possible to write to the local file system without modifying the user's ... either saved to a local file, or script support will be ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • typing local files through ssh
    ... Here is a patch to allow for sending data from a local file on the ... client to the terminal of the server as if typed. ... through the escape keys. ...
    (SSH)
  • RE: [PHP] Re: How do I specify a local file for fopen()?
    ... Subject: Re: How do I specify a local file for fopen? ... Keep on beating it until you get the concept of client-server computing:p ... opposite way round - e.g. the client becomes a server and the server ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Messages on server!
    ... reset the local file, you may have a corrupt message store, so that messages ... AVG free antivirus http://www.grisoft.com ... Catalog of removal tools ... server after deleted from deleted items folder. ...
  • RE: [PHP] Re: How do I specify a local file for fopen()?
    ... Yes trying to open a file on your local computer from the server is not a good idea. ... Subject: Re: How do I specify a local file for fopen? ... opposite way round - e.g. the client becomes a server and the server ... This is how you send files to the webserver. ...
    (php.general)