Re: Uploading messages to NGs

Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
Thanks for reporting back.

That's just "normal" ;-)

Rainald

"Rainald Taesler" wrote in message
news:i0vk7p$p2l$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
Instead of news.msnews.com try using the server name
msnews.microsoft.com

Thanks for the suggestion, Gary!
It seems that I had a wrong address :-(

In the meantime I spent quite some time in the problem and could not
detect what was wrong. Could not find anything.

So I did bite the bullet and ran a restore (from a backup created last
October with "WMBackup" [a German Backup program for WinMail]).
It took quite some time and I had to do quite some work to update the
news-accounts and to update the content of news- and and mail-folders.
Thanks God no loss with the latter as for long years I've been working
with IMAP accounts only. With the news I lost the marks, colors etc.
for messages since October.
And I lost all of
The machine will still need a couple of hours to synch ;-(

All in all a time taking affair.
And I am still clueless on what was wrong :-( :-(

Thanks again
Rainald

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Rainald" wrote in message

Due to problems with the mail-stire I had to delete it.
I did re-create all mail- and news account.
Everything fine with mail.
But I have serious pronlems with news:

1.) I can not upload postings to the NGs.

Errormsg (translated from German):

The message could not be uploaded. ....
Protocol: NNTP, Server reply: "441 From address not in Internet
syntax",
Port: 119, Secure (SSL): Ni, Server error: 441, Error number:
0x800CCCA9 <<<

2.) When trying to diwnload the NG-list from "news.msnews.com" the
action is
stopped by an error:
The TCP/IP connection has been terminated unexpectedly.
Configuration:
Account: news.msnews.com
Server: news.msnews.com
Protocil: NNTP
Port: 119
Yecure (SSL):0
Code: 800ccc0f
<<<

Downloading the lists and subscribing to groups works fine with all
other
groups as well as downloading messages.

Anybody any idea on what might be wring?

TIA
Rainald
(posting through the web-interface)

  • Re: Uploading messages to NGs
    ... I did re-create all mail- and news account. ... Server reply: "441 From address not in Internet ... groups as well as downloading messages. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Uploading messages to NGs
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... I did re-create all mail- and news account. ... groups as well as downloading messages. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Vista General
    ... Hi, I cannot install a new Newsgroup Account, because I need the Internet News Server's Name and the telephone operator of my Broadband provider does not understand what I am taking about! ... When I entered the name of my IP I used when setting up the Windows Mail (which you correctly assumed was used to set up my Microsoft Communities) the download of the newsgroups could not continue, ...
  • Charter drops newsgroup service
    ... My news reader stopped downloading messages a few days ago. ... after waiting a couple of days to allow for this Charter ... account or your Online Account? ... Kevin Goebel: I was trying to retrieve messages from the news server. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Multiple problems in OE newsgroups
    ... Kuay Tim wrote: ... One name for the Microsoft news server is: ... > this server name when setting up an account in OE. ...