Re: Cancel this..... Ping Steve Cochran about converting from wlm to windows mail

You have to know the people that were posting. They have their own microlanguage or dialect. <G>

steve

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e2VSKutILHA.3732@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nowhere in the message I responded to was there a reference to scripting.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0F864611-23B7-4644-B244-CC7FE6951C1D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You misunderstand the type of stationery these people are referring to. They are talking about scripted HTML that allows for dynamic messaging. They are not referring to static stationery or animated gifs. Its a whole realm of opportunity for creative messaging that the authors of WLM removed from OE and WinMail. One cannot insert scripted HTML. Nor can one modify the HTML of the message, as one can via View | Source Edit in OE (since OE5 -- over 10 years) and in WinMail.

see for instance: http://thundercloud.net/infoave/answers/2009/windows-live-mail.htm

steve

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ub%23qnupILHA.4408@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You are laboring under some misconceptions.

Windows Live Mail does support multiple signatures.
It also supports stationery, although you can’t edit the HTML from within the program. You can embed moving GIFs.

The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the Windows Mail program. If you need help with those WLM features, please post in the Windows Live Mail newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
or via your news reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Puter Tutor" <putertutor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%234Cz$vjILHA.5432@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have looked around for hours now. Trying to get WM on Windows7 can be done.. I have found a couple of sites, but the directions are written in "computer talk" which neither Dad or I speak.

It is so sad to have to give up email stationery. I sure hope someone out there writes a program to keep it from dying!

"Puter Tutor" <putertutor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:u%23WI9LjILHA.2276@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Steve, this is a blast from your past. I am PCC from the old OE newsgroups, we sure have missed you over the years! We have talked some in the past. Anyway...

I am hoping you can help us

My Dad got windows 7 and doesn't like the new window live mail cause no signatures, no access to source code, he can't figure out how to embed gifs, etc.

Do you know can he:

1 run both windows live mail and windows mail on the same computer?

2. Can he import from the live mail into windows mail the address book and messages?

3. Does windows mail have the signatures feature?

4. Will windows mail embed moving gifs?

I can find info out there on how to import address book and messages from OE to windows mail and to windows live mail. But he doesn't have oe6 anymore, he has windows live mail. He wants to go to windows mail so he can have the source code again.

I do hate to impose on you like this, but I am doing all kinds of searches and can't find the answers. I am hoping you can help me.

PCC aka puter tutor Teresa

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cancel this..... Ping Steve Cochran about converting from wlm to windows mail
    ... Thank you Steve, yes I was referring to the stat made with html coding. ... Windows Live Mail does support multiple signatures. ... The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the Windows Mail program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cancel this..... Ping Steve Cochran about converting from wlm to windows mail
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Windows Live Mail does support multiple signatures. ... The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the Windows Mail program. ... Hi Steve, this is a blast from your past. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Copy from knipprogram to windows mail
    ... If you want to be able to paste images you should upgrade to ... Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Body of email message wont print
    ... then you are saying that Microsoft does not fix any bugs in Windows Live Mail. ... One critical difference is that Microsoft fixes bugs in Windows Live Mail but the existing bugs in Windows Mail will never be fixed. ... "Steve Cochran" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I am using Windows Live Mail
    ... Email account does not log me after the ID check. ... Windows Live Mail, in your Subject, is an e-mail client. ... So do you have a question regarding Outlook, the topic if this newsgroup? ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)