Re: This language is no longer available for spell checking

- and thank goodness you are!!! - Thought maybe they were slowly phasing out
the English Language!! ha ha ha - Thanks Gary!

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

I'll be here until Microsoft closes this newsgroup.

"Eric L" <Eric L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:DF447EBD-9A6D-4CD1-BA48-0CC11AFC674B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Almost 2 months later and you are still helping people, Thank you Gary! Eric L

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You're very welcome, Talex. Thanks for reporting back.

"Talex" <Talex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2AFDFDE4-D9CA-46C2-B293-9CA6B9FC12AE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That was so simply! Thanks for the help Gary!

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

You're very welcome, Joyce. Thanks for reporting back.

"Joyce G." <JoyceG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6109B204-061F-452A-9888-315C5054A787@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks, it works beautiful...

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

It's a known bug in Windows Mail. Once you apply that fix, it will be good
from then on.

"NicaStar" <NicaStar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:61DA7367-C5E2-4493-B542-597FC91DE534@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you!!! This worked just as you said. Just wondering though, why would
we have to do this in order for spell check to work if English is default -
is this a system glitch?

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

In the main screen of Windows Mail, (not the compose screen), go to
Tools, Options, Spelling.
First select another language, click Apply. Then reselect English and click OK.

If you are asking about Messenger, you will need to post in its dedicated
newsgroup.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

"Drsdcb" <Drsdcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:26766E05-6B94-43DC-9AD7-2BF49A5A6359@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
9/16/09 ~8:45pm(edt)

SDCB asks: How do I get to the Windows Vista "tools" area that will enable
me to select the language preference I desire for my Windows Messanger Spell
Check?

"vz" wrote:

I found help You have to go to tools in vista not the email tool.

"Becky Jo" wrote:

I have the exact same problem as Irish - no Options. I'm new to Vista - is
this one of the "improvements" we get with Vista??
Becky Jo

"Irish" wrote:

I go to tools, like everyone is saying, but when I do that there is no
options for me to click on too. There is a spelling one to click on too.
But is I click on to that I just get the same message "This language is no
longer available for spell checking." Where do I find where I can choose a
language?

  • Re: This language is no longer available for spell checking
    ... You never know about English being phased out some day. ... non-English speaking people are increasing in number faster than the ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... First select another language, click Apply. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: How can I identify commomly mistyped word, like form vs. from.
    ... After seeing your blog post (in English), ... Perhaps if I'd been googling in some other language I would have found an equivalent post from you in, say, French? ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ... >> If you have Word 2007, the contextual spelling checker will pick up ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Word 2002 switches between UK & US dictionaries
    ... Australian English. ... So without a specific language, text pastes into Word and its ... "Destination Formatting", ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Word 2002 switches between UK & US dictionaries
    ... Microsoft MVP. ... text pastes as US English. ... into the middle of a sentence, I'll then have some words in Australian ... So without a specific language, text pastes into Word and its ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Adding a Word to the Dictionary (Mac Office 2008, UK dictionary)
    ... You got English AUS simply because it's the first in the list. ... are added - may be defined by the language you were previously using. ... John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)