Re: Cannot Send e-mail... again!

Looks like you are running into a port 25 block. As a general rule, the owner of
the port 25 SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
your Internet connection at that moment.

In your case the workaround is easy since 1and1 supports SMTP ports other than
port 25. Your provider recommends port 587, see
http://faq.1and1.com/e_mail/setting_up_email_clients_like_ms_outlook_outlook_express_and_netscape_mail_/16.html

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"SSein" wrote in message news:3D53E9B0-8196-477F-BE3D-935CE8A39E53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Received the following error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Non Profit Program',
Account: 'imap.1and1.com', Server: 'smtp.1and1.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Checked settings and nothing has changed since the last time (6/28/10).

Help!

  • Re: Mail sent through IIS virtual SMTP server not arriving
    ... This class is new in the .NET Framework version 2.0. ... //to change the port, ... view the Properties of the Default SMTP Server; ... Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP ...
  • Re: Mail sent through IIS virtual SMTP server not arriving
    ... //to change the port, ... view the Properties of the Default SMTP Server; ... anything about the virtual SMTP server on my IIS 5.1. ... ' Create a new blank MailMessage ...
  • Re: HELP: Linux telnet smtp server fails, Works from MS Windows
    ... The router/firewall is not blocking port 25, ... on the SAME network and that computer has no problem telneting to port ... The linux box can PING the smtp server. ... > What you are saying is that the cable modem is a hub and the wireless ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Mail sent through IIS virtual SMTP server not arriving
    ... Read my previous post and test using a different port. ... Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP ... I got the smtp server log as follows. ...
  • RE: unblock port 25
    ... Im not sure what smtp server you are using, if it's sendmail, ... netstat -i shows me that port 25 is listening only for local ... Connection closed by foreign host. ...
    (RedHat)