Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

The site I referenced for this is somewhat similar (http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic137494.html).

There is some question as to the legality of offering and downloading dlls and exes from sources other than Microsoft. You also don't know that those files are uninfected, so I would recommend downloading the dlls from Microsoft directly.

The latest dll's for Windows Mail in Vista can be obtained here:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=kb978542

To extract the dlls from the downloaded files see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928636

steve

"Rick Chauvin" <nospamz.com@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:epLaarQILHA.2276@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
As I indicate on the page, one can hack Win7 to get Windows Mail working
(see for instance http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic137494.html). As I
indicate there as well, WinMail has a number of bugs and features missing
from OE.

steve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's an interesting different link than what I had.
I had done this procedure successfully the beginning of the year and used
his method which at that point in time Poppa was posting at this forum
http://www.sevenforums.com/533107-post317.html but now I see you have your
link which is well done presented, actually I see he is still tending to
both places with each forum showing their last edit as

techspot: Last edited by Poppa Bear; 05-26-2010 at 09:43 PM..

sevenforums: Last edited by poppa bear; 05-15-2010 at 12:19 PM..

  • Ruby 1.9.1 on Windows - missing DLLs in gem installer
    ... it starts complaining that a lot of DLLs are missing; ... After downloading these files, one by one, from dlldll.com, an error ... "ruby.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Link to msvcrt.dll instead of msvcr71.dll.
    ... that application can rely on DLLs that are already in place like ... Why not discard the CRT? ...
  • Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7
    ... There is some question as to the legality of offering and downloading ... As I indicate on the page, one can hack Win7 to get Windows Mail working ... forum http://www.sevenforums.com/533107-post317.html but now I see you ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Mouse click frustration
    ... Steve N. wrote: ... > Malke wrote: ... >>>Have you tried downloading a program such as TweakUI. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP service pack 2
    ... Downloading it now. ... It is most certainly a public offering. ... Steve ... Win2K SP1, SP2 beta tester ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)