username and password request.

I also had this happen starting last night. It would simply keep asking for
the same info and I would get an error message in Windows mail if I did a
send/receive. It went away and has worked correctly after I went to Google
gmail and signed in. I viewed the mail. After a minute, the one I had been
trying to send in Windows mail appeared. I then logged out. Windows mail has
worked from then on.

  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... Make sure you have the POP option enabled at Gmail: ... Account: 'Windows Mail ', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: ... Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Solution
    ... windows mail must be corrupted. ... don't get an error message, so just have the problem of why I'm not received ... do you know if the 'my server requires authentication' box should ... so it cant be a computer problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail asking to verify username and password
    ... Several times when I clicked "cancel" I did not receive any error message. ... When deleting and recreating an account in Windows Mail, ... Which antivirus are you running? ... If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error?
    ... it proves you have the correct username and password. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... Windows Mail, nor can I find much of a reason why I would want to, but my ... though sometimes we get this error message: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unable to send mail out through windows mail
    ... restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account with the correct settings. ... This server requires a secure connection ... Is the error message I recieve when I try to send a message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)