Re: email problem

it was originally set up as pop and worked fine - and then it didn't. I
changed it to "mail." and it still didn't work - thanks for the link. Lots of
info. Any other suggestions?

"Dave N9" wrote:

According to this...
http://kb.hughesnet.com/al/12/2/1278.htm#Configure_Vista_for_HughesNet_E-mail

the incoming server name is
mail.hughes.net

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"celticdane" wrote in message

I did figure that out, finanlly. Thanks. But now I can't Receive emails and
the below message is what I get. I've rebooted with no luck and it's been a
couple of days now.

Account: 'pop.hughes.net', Server: 'pop.hughes.net', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Like the error says, the recipient email address syntax is invalid.
An email address can't contain a space character, such as you have
after 'the' in info@the bluerockinn.com.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"celticdane" wrote in message

I have had no problems send emails until today. Received the below
message;
I've ot made any changes to any settings. Thanks for your help.

The rejected e-mail address was 'info@the bluerockinn.com'. Subject
'Reservations?', Account: 'pop.hughes.net', Server: 'smtp.hughes.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.1.3 Bad recipient address syntax',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79