RE: username and password request

I have a similar problem. Started out asking for username and password
repeatedly; now will not download mail at all, even tho it says it is
receiving mail from the server. AT&T says this is a Windows Mail issue which
they do not support. They gave me the fee-based Support Plus number:
1-800-294-3464. However, I haven't called bc it costs money.

"vista2349" wrote:

Yesterday I began getting a request for my username and password. After I enter them it pops up again. I have a second Windows Mail account on this computer and it works. I have searched through Google for a fix and anything suggested has no effect. I downloaded Windows Live Mail and the same thing happened. I tried to install Outlook and the same thing happened. I contacted ATT and they do not support Windows Mail anymore. I dont' have any idea if this is an ATT problem, a Windows Mail problem, a Vista problem or if I have a virus. A lot of information I found said antivirus programs can cause this. I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials a week or so ago but my email worked after that. Does anyone have an idea as to what to try next?