Re: can receive but not send emails.

When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
obtained from Verizon? If not, what you experienced is normal. As a
general rule, the owner of the port 25 SMTP server you are using must be
the same as the entity providing your Internet connection at that moment.

Let us know your circumstances (away from home on vacation?), and
we'll give you some workarounds.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"ToniK" wrote in message news:AA933DCB-1A9B-43A5-B8C5-D6EBCB2C5A9F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been unable to send emails for the past few days.. I have never had a
problem before and I have checked all ofmy settings- the seem to be ok.. I am
recieving emails.. this is the message I am getting.. help!

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'twsting', Account:
'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Outlook Express Connection
    ... The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's ... messages but then "loses" the Internet connection. ... The one shown in the error message is my valid e-mail address. ...
  • Re: Can receive but not send emails
    ... You didn't answer my question as to who was providing your Internet connection ... I'm using McAfee Antivirus and I have disabled all the prodection for the ... Do you get a similar error message when attempting to send via mail.auleetech.com? ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cant send emails
    ... That server is working for me. ... When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being ... obtained from Verizon, or were you away from home? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: i cant get incoming emails or send emails
    ... knocking of my internet connection this is the error message im getting ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error Message
    ... Error C00D0029 or "The connection to the server has been lost" means just ... Your internet connection ... might be temporary chocking, the server with the content you are trying to ... >I am tring to open up a media download and am getting an error message ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)