Re: username and password request

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. Make sure it is not configured to scan emails.

Since the account is probably corrupted, delete that account, restart
Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Vistanana" wrote in message news:425A1E97-7940-4E96-86C9-6A068E5DECFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a similar problem. Started out asking for username and password
repeatedly; now will not download mail at all, even tho it says it is
receiving mail from the server. AT&T says this is a Windows Mail issue which
they do not support. They gave me the fee-based Support Plus number:
1-800-294-3464. However, I haven't called bc it costs money.

  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... Antivirus software often screws up the account settings, ... other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... I know it doesn't seem logical, but if you recreate the accounts as Steve mentioned, that sometimes "resets" something that is just a little "off" and makes a difference in the messages showing up or not - despite the count. ... Please also confirm that the rules and junkmail settings (aswell as all other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ... I received on another account at work and transfered it to my Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The " from" field always sports the default email for all repl
    ... Would like to take advice on the free Antivirus that gets along with Windows ... delete that email account (because it has been corrupted by ... program which is more compatible with Windows Mail: ... Is it that the antivirus is working on the> emails ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... Do you mean that Yahoo emails ... If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: ... Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced, ... Stuck in Outbox, said one or more messages in your otbox do not have a valid ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Do you mean that Yahoo emails ... If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: ... Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)