Re: Can't send or reply to emails now.

Check for any discrepancies in your account settings.

How To Set Up Outlook Express to Use Your BellSouth E-mail Account:
http://help.bellsouth.net/bellsouth/asp/contentview.asp?UserType=DSL&source=2&sprt_cid=76be338e-5b29-4b65-bbc3-e36f443f1be5

E-mail scanning can also cause this type of problem.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"gatwin1957" wrote in message news:%23dhxkuVILHA.5136@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I get this message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'testing', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone help - this is aggrevating!!

  • Re: Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
    ... That is a fairly generic error that can be caused by many things including e-mail scanning,, incorrect account settings,, modem problems,, and even server glitches. ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
  • Re: ARGH!! cant send email!
    ... If you are confident that all account settings are correct, ... *not* using e-mail scanning. ... It adds no extra protection and can be the cause of ... > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ...
  • Re: I cant use outlook express to send mail
    ... Trying to find account settings for your server is not easy, not to mention most is in Chinese. ... Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises. ... The error message is as following: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Leave a copy of messages on server magically unchecked
    ... You are very likely to lose your messages if you enable email scanning, as well as loss of proper OE functionality. ... It provides no additional protection. ... I will go to my account settings in outlook express and to my surprise i find that the delivery option that is ... My email was auto-downloaded every 2 minutes from the server all day long and then by the end of the day i went back and checked and that setting had been changed. ...
  • Re: Error message in windows mail
    ... Double check that all your account settings are correct. ... then e-mail scanning is a likely cause. ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)