Re: email problem

I have had no problems send emails until today. Received the below message;
I've ot made any changes to any settings. Thanks for your help.

The rejected e-mail address was 'info@the'. Subject
'Reservations?', Account: '', Server: '',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.1.3 Bad recipient address syntax',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

That error can be caused by interference from an antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus
should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate
all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be
uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"LisaK" wrote in message news:281C809F-CCC9-4930-9042-8CA5E92CB82B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have always been able to get and send emails and suddenly out of the blue I
get this error message. I am not a computer person so please help in simple
english. Thanks!

The connection to the server has failed. Account: '', Server:
'', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E