Re: email problem

I have had no problems send emails until today. Received the below message;
I've ot made any changes to any settings. Thanks for your help.

The rejected e-mail address was 'info@the bluerockinn.com'. Subject
'Reservations?', Account: 'pop.hughes.net', Server: 'smtp.hughes.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.1.3 Bad recipient address syntax',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

That error can be caused by interference from an antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus
should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate
all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be
uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"LisaK" wrote in message news:281C809F-CCC9-4930-9042-8CA5E92CB82B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have always been able to get and send emails and suddenly out of the blue I
get this error message. I am not a computer person so please help in simple
english. Thanks!

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server:
'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Cant send out mail.
    ... Comcast has changed the smtp settings. ... Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1 ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... Which antivirus are you running? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: SMTP Connector returns access denied - Please help novice user!!!
    ... Some firewall settings or Exchange settings may prevent this environment ... Test sending some emails to some other recipients in a different Domain. ... enter the SMTP mail server name of your ISP's mail server. ... Default SMTP Virtual Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant Send Email
    ... a non-compatible antivirus program. ... now Im getting this error message when I go back in?? ... The connection to the server has failed. ... You still have not followed all the settings in that Yahoo link I gave you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Setting up Windows Mail on Vista
    ... I changed the settings as per your instructions ... 995, Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... The send error looks like interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail not sending
    ... you can use the send settings given here: ... your existing suppersdirect account. ... If you are sending from home, you need to substitute the SMTP server ... might keep my personal emails seperate from business. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)