Re: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

As I indicate on the page, one can hack Win7 to get Windows Mail working (see for instance http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic137494.html). As I indicate there as well, WinMail has a number of bugs and features missing from OE.

steve

"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message news:i19ju4$ctd$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Rainald Taesler" <taesler@xxxxxx> wrote in message
FromTheRafters wrote:
"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

It might pretty well be that I might be missing something.
But - honestly speaking - which advantages would OE under XP-mode
have over WinMail?

I would miss the 'source edit' function.

How come?
WinMail has it!
Any notable differences in so far?

My mistake, I was thinking Windows Live Mail Desktop, not Windows Mail.

Do you have Windows Mail on Windows 7?

  • Re: WHEN WILL WINDOWS MAIL IMPROVE
    ... After over 11 years of having answered NG questions on OE and WinMail and after having worked with MS developers to improve the product throughout the develpment of Longhorn and Vista, I was quite disappointed to see them move in the direction they are now going and abandon a great program for what they are now advocating. ... If you think WLM is a better program, then why are you using Windows Mail when you post here? ... A forum is a place where there is an exchange of information. ... Just look at all the people posting here and also it is included with Server 2008, which is also not DEAD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Winmail transfer of info
    ... I suggest logging in to the old computer, then do File, Export, Messages, Windows Mail. ... with Winmail I am only getting the "new" emails. ... How can I get them transferred over to the new computer?My Older folders are still there, but when I bring them over to the new "WinMail" they are not there when I log on. ... Older laptop was Vista Home Premium 32 bit. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail weigert sich Standard-Mailclient zu sein
    ... dass Windows Mail als Standard definiert ist. ... einen Hinweis auf die richtige Gruppe dankbar. ... die Unterschiede zwischen OE und Winmail sind eher kosmetischer ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress)
  • Re: msoe.dll error on 7/10 updates
    ... Do I click on the whole Folder or only Winmail file? ... PS I can't go into Windows Mail at all because of the error message. ... Then go to this registry key ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Why wont Windows Mail shut down?
    ... There are some antivirus programs that are compatible with WinMail, if you turn off email scanning. ... The antivirus companies are aware of this, but they don't care, since you already purchased Vista and the AV software, its no longer their problem. ... Whenever I try to close down Windows Mail, I am greeted by the error message ... "Windows Mail has stopped working. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)