Re: Help! Why can't I log on????

First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
http://www.charter.net/files/charter/redirect.php?to=webmail

If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is
account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is
to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then
recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"LindaChristine" wrote in message news:000E2D68-A140-4A8B-B627-87018CA7BBD9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am receiving my email on my Blackberry but, not on my home computer.
Ever since last night I keep getting this message:

Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!

  • Re: Cant send email from one of two accounts; can receive on both
    ... and the other account works both ways fine still. ... diabling the antivirus but to no avail. ... with Windows Mail. ... There is not error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Security Pop-Up Requires Logon for WinMail Retrieval
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I suggest getting a free Gmail or Hotmail account and setting that up ... in your Windows Mail. ... Which antivirus are you running? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: CANNOT SEND OR RECEIVE MAIL
    ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. ... I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS MAIL FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send email from one of two accounts; can receive on both
    ... and the other account works both ways fine still. ... diabling the antivirus but to no avail. ... Does it sound like I have to not use McAfee ... with Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send email from one of two accounts; can receive on both
    ... and the other account works both ways fine still. ... diabling the antivirus but to no avail. ... Does it sound like I have to not use McAfee anymore? ... with Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)