RE: Can't get into email - demands password

If you are getting a "Windows Security" "logon" box that pops up asking for
user and password information, it might be an email virus because in the
past, I typed it in and instantly received 100 junk-phishing emails offering
the Prescription drugs. I changed my password and now I don't get the "junk"
anymore. I hope this helps.The exact thing has happened to me many times (
almost daily), including just about 30 minutes ago. I would be able to send,
forward, reply and delete but NOT receive. I have been able to get around
this in the past by forwarding three or four emails from my inbox and maybe
sending a couple to myself, then I could click receive and everything would
come through.
However, this didn't work today. This is what I just did to fix it. From your
Windows mail Inbox, go to tools, then accounts, then select your mail
account then properties, then servers. Last of all make sure your email
username and password are there and they are correct. When I just checked
mine they were not there at all! I don't know how that happened. I am the
only one that uses this computer. I typed them in and clicked send/receive
and instantly received three dozen emails. I think the Windows Security"
"logon" box that pops up asking for user and password info. might be an email
virus because in the past, I typed it in and instantly received 100
junk-phishing emails offering the Prescription drugs. I changed my password
and now I don't get the "junk" anymore. I hope this helps.

"Di H" wrote:

I can't access windows mail - system keeps asking for user name and
password but then won't accept whatever I type in. This is error message:

Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate argument(s) missing.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Think problem may have started with last Windows security update?