Re: Folders different on my two PCs

You cannot do what you are attempting with POP3 email accounts.

With IMAP or MSFT http accounts (Hotmail/Live) you will see the same folder structure.

BTW, the group for Windows Live Mail is located at
microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
(until October)

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Geoff Broughton" wrote in message news:B905DD51-4A49-4394-86F6-B16E6733C4FF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can access my POP3 email account on my two PCs using Windows Live Mail.
Emails can be sent and received ok and can be seen on both PCs.

I've created folders in the email account on one PCs but these are not seen
on the other PCs. Also visa versa. I installed Live Mail in the last month on
both PCs so they are identical. One PC is XP Home while the other is Vista
Home. I've tried both PCs running simultaneous and alone. I've tried sync and
hiding the folders.

Why won't the folders sync?

  • Folders different on my two PCs
    ... I can access my POP3 email account on my two PCs using Windows Live Mail. ... I've created folders in the email account on one PCs but these are not seen ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Access is denied
    ... >I have just networked 2 PCs using my wireless router. ... >the Shared files or folders on the other PC. ... On any XP Pro computer, check to see if Simple File Sharing (Control Panel - ... Guest account is enabled, on each computer. ...
  • Re: IMAP Instability & Performance
    ... Folders to another? ... I then created a new imap email account ... Unfortunately when outlook checks for new mail it sometimes can take upto ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: A three hour tour....a three hour tour.....
    ... I have 3 XP Pro PCs connected to a Netgear Router (no server - just ... PC2 has folders on a second drive shared with Everyone having full control ... And, with no antivirus applications installed, sharing works beautifully. ... When I install NOD32 or AVG things go all to hell. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Static IP Address Sharing Problem
    ... I had not set the preferred DNS server entry on the Static IP ... then rebooted all PCs and it is now working normally. ... network cannot see the folders. ... I also found that when I reboot the PC with the static IP address, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)