Re: I can't send email from Windows Mail

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Debbie" <Debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4206B304-AC88-4BDB-8B1E-AECCD8A8FD93@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.zoominternet.net',
Server: 'mail.zoominternet.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Do you use Cox Communications? Is your error message *exactly* like the
OP's?

Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to
highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread.