Re: I can't send email from Windows Mail

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Debbie" <Debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4206B304-AC88-4BDB-8B1E-AECCD8A8FD93@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.zoominternet.net',
Server: 'mail.zoominternet.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Do you use Cox Communications? Is your error message *exactly* like the
OP's?

Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to
highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread.
--

> i am getting that same error since yesterday. But I don't have an
> answer....
> Hopefully someone else can help us...
>
> "Joan" wrote:
>
>> I have Windows Vista and am using Windows Mail as my Outlook Express
>> will not
>> work with Vista. I have been receiving and sending for a year now >> with
>> Windows Mail/Vista up until yesterday. . .I went to send email like
>> every
>> other day and it wouldn't send to one person or to a few people. I >> do
>> receive a lot of emails so I am sending on a daily basis. . . I have >> a
>> home
>> business.
>>
>> I have called my ISP Cox and they told me it was a Microsoft >> problem.
>> have not made any changes in anything. This is the message I am
>> receiving:
>>
>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible >> causes
>> for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity. Subject ' A New Assignment for NASA ?', Account: 'Pete >> and
>> Joan',
>> Server: 'smtp.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
>> Error
>> Number: 0x800CCC0F
>>
>> I checked all my settings for my Cox emails. . .everything is the >> same.
>> .
>> .the authentication is checked on all. I don't know what else to do
>> when
>> everything has been going out until yesterday.
>>
>> Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks

  • Re: OE hangs up while sending messages with attachments
    ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for lose of messages. ... multiple times, but I'm left wondering if the email went through even once, ...
  • Re: socket error 10060
    ... How do I set up/configure Outlook Express or Windows Mail for Comcast email? ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. ... Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: probleem email bricht te stuur
    ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for lose of messages. ... komt dit (Kan de host SMTP niet vinden. ...
  • Re: I cant send messages
    ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. ... Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises. ... Votre serveur a mis fin à la connexion de manière inattendue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send email
    ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. ... Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises. ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)