Re: I can't send email from Windows Mail

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.zoominternet.net',
Server: 'mail.zoominternet.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Do you use Cox Communications? Is your error message *exactly* like the
OP's?

Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to
highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Debbie" <Debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

i am getting that same error since yesterday. But I don't have an
answer....
Hopefully someone else can help us...

"Joan" wrote:

I have Windows Vista and am using Windows Mail as my Outlook Express
will not
work with Vista. I have been receiving and sending for a year now with
Windows Mail/Vista up until yesterday. . .I went to send email like
every
other day and it wouldn't send to one person or to a few people. I do
receive a lot of emails so I am sending on a daily basis. . . I have a
home
business.

I have called my ISP Cox and they told me it was a Microsoft problem.
have not made any changes in anything. This is the message I am
receiving:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Subject ' A New Assignment for NASA ?', Account: 'Pete and
Joan',
Server: 'smtp.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

I checked all my settings for my Cox emails. . .everything is the same.
.
.the authentication is checked on all. I don't know what else to do
when
everything has been going out until yesterday.

Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks

  • Re: Problem removing Active Directory
    ... error message because the child domain seems to have left a "ghost" within ... Determine the domain controller that holds the Domain Naming Master ... to the specific server on which the changes will occur. ... You should receive confirmation that the connection is ...
  • Sql Server Connection Irritations (again)
    ... framework 1.x and even the same code that fails in framework 2.0, ... All our servers are Windows Server 2003 and all our SQL Server databases are ... A connection was successfully established with the server, ... The <SNIX error message> portion of our error message is: ...
  • Sql Server Connection Irritations (again)
    ... framework 1.x and even the same code that fails in framework 2.0, ... All our servers are Windows Server 2003 and all our SQL Server databases are ... A connection was successfully established with the server, ... The <SNIX error message> portion of our error message is: ...
  • Re: Cant connect to SQL Server 2008
    ... The error occurs on opening a connection. ... I can connect to SQL Server 2008 using sqlcmd from the same machine which ... VS solution cannot connect to the SQL Server. ... Error Message: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • A weird eMail prob - Any suggestions as to how to make it Fixted?
    ... of hers who has recently bought a PC & got an Internet Connection, ... So, now, what's the prob? ... Error Message, so we can then suss out where the prob is & what to do ... standard probs - an incorrect Server Name, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)