Re: ATT and Windows Mail

According to...
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&ct=9000818

The Outgoing (SMTP) server port should be 465, not 25.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"jwhardin99" wrote in message news:F74D4E56-E2F0-4E12-A4BF-48BD9CD2B479@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Windows Mail and ATT has been working fine together, until recently. I am
not allowed to send mail anymore. It still receives fine. I received the
error message below.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'st . Agnes', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Solution
    ... "juliealison" wrote in message ... accepted by the outgoing server, and hence your settings are correct. ... the smtp address for former>> bulldoghome customers has changed from smtp.bulldoghome.com to ... >> windows mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: [PHP] SMTP
    ... i develop php web application on windows XP platform. ... i guess something is wrong with IIS. ... So which HTTP server are you using? ... Win2K/XP/Vista have Microsoft Exchange bundled in for SMTP. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Can not Send Email from a Bellsouth Account
    ... Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... At times I get the error message that my SMTP Server has not responded in 60 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unable to Relay for internal server (Exchange 2003 SP2)
    ... Could the SMTP VS be listening on a different IP address? ... Tried telnetting from two different machines - one VMS and one Windows. ... to the same SMTP Virtual server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: SMTP Virtual Server
    ... I wasn't aware that Windows XP has the SMTP Service. ... then you can certainly use them instead of a separate server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)