Re: Error Message

It probably means that the mail server received a command from your
Windows Mail that it does not understand or support.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

The other possibility is that your antivirus is interfering with Windows Mail.
If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Fiona" wrote in message news:FEEB4C20-AB24-41A0-835C-D3562C903CAE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What does this mean?

Account: 'coolaccess.net', Server: 'pop.coolaccess.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR syntax error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

  • Re: New user - repeated password requests in WM
    ... Windows Mail does not have a username or password. ... credentials are associated with your mailbox on the mail server. ... one possible cause for that error is account corruption. ... your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error 800cc90, 80092
    ... All your settings appear to be correct, and the mail server correctly ... Take a look at their tutorial for setting up an email account: ... emails from Windows Mail. ... a non-compatible antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Security in Windows Mail
    ... you or someone entered that server info. ... Open Windows Mail, click on Tools - Accounts - highlight the "pop3.live.com" account, click on Remove ... Which antivirus are you running? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Vista Mail asking for logon information now
    ... After doing so did you delete the account and recreate it? ... The antivirus I use is eset smart security ... Assuming the problem is that Windows Mail repeatedly asks for you to ... POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate argumentmissing.', Port: 110, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)