Re: start up inbox , how to restore

Not sure what starting up in the "local folders page" means.
Perhaps you have turned of the preview pane.
Go to View, Layout, select "Show preview pane".

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Sharon Waters" wrote in message news:9C1F30B7-91D1-4066-A4FD-3965CD26FC02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Windows mail now starts up in the local folders page instead of the inbox,
how to
reset it to start up in the inbox again?
--
Sharon Waters

  • Re: Can I set Windows Mail up with 2-4 email accounts
    ... but, when I set up one e-mail, mail comes in to a "Local Folders" "Inbox", so ... going to "Local Folders" "Inbox"? ... If I can set up more than one account, ... will Windows Mail automatically log into and download all of the email ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail
    ... Having many messages in your Inbox was a problem for Outlook ... not so much for Windows Mail. ... but the pane is blank. ... The rest of the folders are ok - except Junk - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Local Folders
    ... In Windows Mail go to View, Layout, make sure 'Folder List' is checked. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... to by clicking on local folders and then clicking in the right hand side pane ... to transfer to left pane. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: WANT INBOX TO BE SHOWN WHEN STARTING WINDOWS MAIL
    ... I want the content of the Inbox to be shown right away - when entering ... I have just started using a new e-mail adress, when oppening Windows Mail ... Window Mail starts by showing "Local Folders" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: start up inbox , how to restore
    ... Go to View, Layout, select "Show preview pane". ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Windows mail now starts up in the local folders page instead of the inbox, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)