Cannot receive email without closing application and reopening.

I had to have a total reinstall done on my computer, the windows mail program
is set up and working good except now I do not receive new emails until I
close the application and reopen it. I can hear the beep when a new message
comes in, but it is not there until I close and reopen the program. I am
using Vista 64 bit

  • RE: Same restarting problem in Windows Mail
    ... I am having the EXACT same problem and I also turned off the email scanning ... Is thsi another new "Feature" on Vista mail? ... properly and sometimes it closes the Windows Mail program, ... I think there is something more wrong with the Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: OT - Computer Stuff
    ... where we discuss the Windows Mail program that replaces Outlook ... & have stuck with a McAfee suite for years & years now, ... What is recommended for use with Vista if it will fight with McAfee? ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • RE: Windows Mail keeps restarting
    ... properly and sometimes it closes the Windows Mail program, ... I think there is something more wrong with the Vista ... that ran previously to this problem showing up, ... and I probably need expert help in sorting out ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: How get Vista sync of outlook contacts to PDA
    ... ActiveSync doesn't run on Vista. ... this newsgroup only supports the Windows Mail program. ... Vista computer. ... Using my other computers with XP and with activesync all works well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail keeps restarting
    ... See my earlier response to Terry. ... properly and sometimes it closes the Windows Mail program, ... I think there is something more wrong with the Vista ... and I probably need expert help in sorting out ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)