Re: My e-mails are "converted" to attachments that i cant read

You are either extremely lucky, or else you have Norton's email scanning disabled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Rainald Taesler" wrote in message news:i133pn$3sr$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steve Cochran wrote:
You found the problem: Norton. It is extremely invasive and I would
recommend uninstalling it completely and getting something much less
invasive, such as Microsoft security essentials. See point 3 here
also: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Strange.
I for one have been using Norton AntiVirus since it first appeared back
in the DOS days. And I still have the latest version of Norton AV (and
only that <!>) in my system.

I can not remember, however, to have ever had problems with mail caused
by Norton AV.

Rainald

  • Re: Why wont Word start up?
    ... > printer driver is on my HD. ... > I also made sure that Norton Anti-Virus had the Nav plug-in disabled. ... >> Microsoft MVP ... >>> Office update site and had all updates downloaded and installed. ...
  • Re: Norton 2007 sucks!
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Dialog Boxes
    ... Have you disabled the Office Plug-in in Norton AntiVirus? ... Suzanne S. Barnhill ... > simmo Wrote: ... >> Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: yet another sending error
    ... The only other suggestion I have is to try upgrading to Windows Live Mail: ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Any uninstall of a Norton product must be followed up by using their ... I tried different connections(wi fi. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: AV and FrontPage