Re: receive but can't send emails

Sandra, if you want some custom help, provide your details.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Sandra" wrote in message news:B1118295-8521-4330-A310-5A483823DBF8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am getting the same thing and Time Warner says it is Belldouth's problem
and Bellsouth says it's Time Warner's problem.....I don't care who's problem
it is I just want it fixed. Oh BTY Bellsouth sent me to a higher more
advanced tech dept and they wanted to charge me to get an answer......
PS outgoing should be 465 (SMTP) and incoming is 995 (POP3) under the
Advanced tab

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

You are running into a port 25 block. What you experienced is normal.
As a general rule, the owner of the SMTP server you are using must be
the same as the entity providing your Internet connection at that moment.
For more on this anti-spamming issue see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

The available workarounds when sending away from home are as follows:

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser).
2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.
3. If you use the same away-from-home connection frequently,
substitute the SMTP server belonging to that connection. This is a bit
tricky, but if you want to go that route, I can provide more details.
4. If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail account,
configure it for POP access, set it up in Windows Mail, and use that for
your sending chores. Gmail uses port 465 for SMTP, which is not blocked
like port 25 is.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"brewbob" wrote in message news:771A1781-B227-4D2A-8DED-3767027EA39A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have checked everything that I know this was working just a day ago using
bellsouth.net on a wireless connection in a rv park we arrived a two days ago
this is the error message
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
please help

  • Re: kan geen email verzenden
    ... make sure your antivirus program is not configured to scan emails. ... is using an Internet connection not supplied by your mail service provider. ... Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unable to set up outgoing email....
    ... Since you are not using Orange as your ISP anymore, what makes you think you can still use it for e-mailing purposes? ... was your Internet connection being obtained from Orange? ... Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail - Not sending or Receiving
    ... the owner of the SMTP server you are using must ... be the same as the provider of your Internet connection at that moment. ... Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: receive but cant send emails
    ... the owner of the SMTP server you are using must be ... the same as the entity providing your Internet connection at that moment. ... Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Virus blocking Port25. Cannot send emails from WindowsMail/Out
    ... the SMTP server must be the same as the one providing your Internet ... Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. ... If you use the same away-from-home connection frequently, ... Gmail uses port 465 for SMTP, which is not blocked like port 25 is. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)