Re: email

You're very welcome, Rita.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Rita Kane" wrote in message news:32A70992-2712-41B5-86E6-63E2D93E96D9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for your help. I will see if this takes care of it.
--
Rita

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

The first error message uses a different server than the other two.
The server pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com is no longer valid, and that account
should be reconfigured using the server names and settings given here:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

The last two error messages indicate correct settings, but there is likely
to be interferencefrom an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you
running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a
worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled
or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"Rita Kane" wrote in message news:5E831588-D4B7-49F8-9647-8A350849418E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't send or receive emails. There was no problem at one time and now
there is. What are the email settings please? Here is one of the error
messages:
Account: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
The host 'smpt.att.yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.

Here is another -