Re: My e-mails are "converted" to attachments that i cant read

You found the problem: Norton. It is extremely invasive and I would recommend uninstalling it completely and getting something much less invasive, such as Microsoft security essentials. See point 3 here also: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

steve

"LarsJohan" <LarsJohan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:50395D7B-302B-4DDD-B081-701D2D443A21@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It worked yesterday. But when i started today it did not work again.
I did the following to solve it "Check Tools | Options | Read and see if the
setting to read all messages
in plain text is set. If so, try unchecking tha" I first cheched it and
did apply. and after that uncecked it and apply . Now it works again. :-)

Could it be some virus program that is takeing care of me to much , I am
using Norton 360 3.0 ?
I can live with this but it feels strange.

"LarsJohan" wrote:

Thank you , it worked.

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

Check Tools | Options | Read and see if the setting to read all messages
in plain text is set. If so, try unchecking that.

steve

"LarsJohan" <LarsJohan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi !
My old and new mail messages are "converted" into attachments. I can
only
read them when i save them as a file and open the file outside windows
mail.
it worked fine earlier what should i change so that it works again ?

  • Re: My e-mails are "converted" to attachments that i cant read
    ... Check Tools | Options | Read and see if the setting to read all messages in plain text is set. ... If so, try unchecking that. ... My old and new mail messages are "converted" into attachments. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Plain text reading and Links problem
    ... "Steve Cochran" wrote in message ... >> pete wrote: ... >>> read in plain text. ... it in plain text the entire white space is active for the link. ...
  • Re: visited links not changing color
    ... Using HTML, it will. ... Thanx anyway, Steve. ... >> problem in OE and Outlook. ... >>>> Are these in plain text messages or HTML messages or both? ...
  • Re: HTML in OE6
    ... In Plain Text was not checked. ... "Steve Cochran" wrote in message ... OE Quotefix with only function in that format. ... In OE6, despite being set to receive and send mail in HTML format, the ...
  • Re: Puzzle?
    ... > Many thanks for the reply, Steve. ... Messages sent as HTML have a plain text ... >>> And if you Terra Terra not on your side". ...