Re: I cannot send email in windows mail

You are "relaying" which means you are sending out through a server (SMTP) from whose network you are not connected. For instance if you have att.net and try sending from a location which is not connected via att.net, then att.net will not let you send the message. Check the website for your ISP and then see the proper settings (same as for OE) for the SMTP server and whether or not it requires authentication. That all can be set under Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties.

steve

"giulesc" <giulesc.4doktc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:giulesc.4doktc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have Windows Mail - Vista.

I have used this for about 2 years and suddenly I cannot now send
emails.
Error message:

The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxx@xxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'testing',
Account: 'pop3.xxxxxxxx.com', Server: 'smtp.xxxxxxxx.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to <xxxx@xxxxxxxxxx> prohibited by
administrator (failed to find host name from IP address)', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I have been through all the usual trouble shooting options including
deleting all the email accounts and reinstalling them. Can anyone help?

--
giulesc
giulesc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/241352.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Few Questions from a newbie
    ... email accounts in the business? ... Unfortunately, while IMO using the public folder is best for a number of reasons, you do have to click the separate link when using OWA. ... Doing the same, but with multiple emails, would be very useful. ... server, if the server is in standby etc.., does this mean the incoming emails ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Few Questions from a newbie
    ... before convincing the boss to go ahead and buy sbs2003. ... email accounts in the business? ... At the moment, we archive emails into a archive pst, then sort them into the ... server, if the server is in standby etc.., does this mean the incoming emails ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • I cannot send email in windows mail
    ... emails. ... The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxx@xxxxxxxxxx'. ... Server Response: '550 relaying to prohibited by ... deleting all the email accounts and reinstalling them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Outlook Express wont let me send email
    ... rejected e-mail address was 'chriswowchuk@hotmail.com'. ... Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 not local host hotmail.com, not ... a gateway', Port: 25, Secure: No, Server Error: 550, Error ... > My Outbox has 6 emails to different clients. ...
  • Re: Windows Mail
    ... Windows Mail instead and add my 3 email accounts. ... The connection to the server has ... I depend on emails for my business! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)