Re: I cannot send email in windows mail

You are "relaying" which means you are sending out through a server (SMTP) from whose network you are not connected. For instance if you have att.net and try sending from a location which is not connected via att.net, then att.net will not let you send the message. Check the website for your ISP and then see the proper settings (same as for OE) for the SMTP server and whether or not it requires authentication. That all can be set under Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties.

steve

"giulesc" <giulesc.4doktc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:giulesc.4doktc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have Windows Mail - Vista.

I have used this for about 2 years and suddenly I cannot now send
emails.
Error message:

The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxx@xxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'testing',
Account: 'pop3.xxxxxxxx.com', Server: 'smtp.xxxxxxxx.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to <xxxx@xxxxxxxxxx> prohibited by
administrator (failed to find host name from IP address)', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I have been through all the usual trouble shooting options including
deleting all the email accounts and reinstalling them. Can anyone help?

--
giulesc
giulesc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/241352.htm

http://forums.techarena.in