Re: Uploading messages to NGs

Thanks for reporting back.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Rainald Taesler" wrote in message news:i0vk7p$p2l$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
Instead of news.msnews.com try using the server name
msnews.microsoft.com

Thanks for the suggestion, Gary!
It seems that I had a wrong address :-(

In the meantime I spent quite some time in the problem and could not
detect what was wrong. Could not find anything.

So I did bite the bullet and ran a restore (from a backup created last
October with "WMBackup" [a German Backup program for WinMail]).
It took quite some time and I had to do quite some work to update the
news-accounts and to update the content of news- and and mail-folders.
Thanks God no loss with the latter as for long years I've been working
with IMAP accounts only. With the news I lost the marks, colors etc. for
messages since October.
And I lost all of
The machine will still need a couple of hours to synch ;-(

All in all a time taking affair.
And I am still clueless on what was wrong :-( :-(

Thanks again
Rainald

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Rainald" wrote in message

Due to problems with the mail-stire I had to delete it.
I did re-create all mail- and news account.
Everything fine with mail.
But I have serious pronlems with news:

1.) I can not upload postings to the NGs.

Errormsg (translated from German):

The message could not be uploaded. ....
Protocol: NNTP, Server reply: "441 From address not in Internet
syntax",
Port: 119, Secure (SSL): Ni, Server error: 441, Error number:
0x800CCCA9 <<<

2.) When trying to diwnload the NG-list from "news.msnews.com" the
action is
stopped by an error:
The TCP/IP connection has been terminated unexpectedly.
Configuration:
Account: news.msnews.com
Server: news.msnews.com
Protocil: NNTP
Port: 119
Yecure (SSL):0
Code: 800ccc0f
<<<

Downloading the lists and subscribing to groups works fine with all
other
groups as well as downloading messages.

Anybody any idea on what might be wring?

TIA
Rainald
(posting through the web-interface)

.