Re: some of our messages don't get through to recipients

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.
Yes, switching away from Orange as a mail provider is probably a wise move.
I'd suggest trying a free account with Gmail.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"natasha" wrote in message news:A2C66549-3775-46B1-8E5D-BC736557B287@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for replying - you are always very helpful, you've helped me before
with other issues. Yes, the messages were sent from Orange mail account. We
did ask the recipients to look in their spam folders, but they found nothing
from us in it. One of the people logged into his online account, and still
found nothing... I guess it's time to switch from Orange...

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Were you sending those missing messages from an Orange mail account?
It is possible that some mail service providers consider messages from an
Orange account to be spam. Ask the recipients to look in their
Spam/Junk folders, both online and in their mail program.
The other option would be for you to switch to a different mail service provider.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"natasha" wrote in message news:1606910B-A216-41D0-BE5B-99623DFBC4E6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, could somebody help please? We've started having this problem recently
(about 3 weeks ago). About half of the people to whom we send email messages
say they never receive them. There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to
which email addressed are affected - some of the receipients have been in our
'Contacts' for ages, and we corresponded with them fine before. Now they
don't receive our messages at all, but we receive theirs fine, as before. We
don't experience any problems with some other people at all, both new
contacts and old.

We suspect it's something to do with antispam policies, but do not know
enough on the subject, or how to correct this. We do not get any error
messages, and we contacted our intertnet provider Orange, who are saying it's
nothing to do with them, as some messages do get through, so the connection
is there. They blame Microsoft and their regular updates...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

  • Re: Changing Broadband provider
    ... When I worked at an ISP we offered an email-only account for a few dollars per month, so I would recommend customers switch to that account and either keep checking it or forward it to their new provider for a certain amount of time. ... I currently pay for my Broadband service with Virgin.net and my main email ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: pointer cant penetrate link area
    ... And if the cache, maybe deleting the System cache will ... disappear in my wife's account; ... account except switch to my account, ... I manually deleled every cache I could find on my wife's acct, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Renaming AD User Accounts using the WinNT Provider
    ... Rename the AD Username and Pre-Windows 2000 username with new ... Disable the account once it has been renamed. ... The distinguishedName of the object uniquely identifies the object, ... The first problem with your question is that the WinNT provider is blind to ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Cannot start services
    ... | Computer: COUNTYG ... see Help and Support Center at ... | A provider, PerfProv, has been registered in the WMI namespace, ... | will be run using the LocalSystem account. ...
  • Re: problems sending mail
    ... But for some reason if I configure another account using the same settings - it doesn't work. ... an e-mail provider saying a message was undeliverable, and doesn't seem to be generated by your PPC. ... I called Demon (service provider) on the phone and had them look at my data coming out. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)